6 lawn design ideas that work
According to many landscape gardeners, the lawn is probably the most important feature of any garden. Thanks to a well-designed lawn, the entire feel of the area is set. It goes without saying that designing the garden should be an integral part of the design of the whole place.
There are many ways to go about garden design. How you choose to do it should mostly be determined by your lifestyle and what you like to do in the garden. Gone are the days when lawns were a little more than one big dull place. Nowadays this area needs to be beautiful but also practical.
Here are few design ideas that can achieve just that:
- Accentuate the lawn with a frame – you surely know that a beautiful frame can significantly enhance whatever picture you put inside. It is the same with lawns – good edging has the potential to turn an okay lawn into a stunning masterpiece. So you add boxwood hedge or any other type of plant that makes an excellent hedging solution and encircle part of your garden. The pattern in which the hedge is planted also plays a role. You don’t necessarily need to go for straight lines. You can also include a zigzag pattern.
- The family lawn – if you have small children, you will want to leave enough space for playtime and running around. That is what little ones do best after all. You can have flowers in there too, as long as you separate them and leave enough open space for the play area. Outdoor activities will not interfere with the design.
- Shape the lawn – you can have different shapes around the lawn if you are feeling particularly creative. For example, you can separate a rectangular shape by installing square stone pavers. What is more, a design trick like this can quickly turn the lawn into a contemporary display of art.
- Make it lead you somewhere – a pleasant stroll through your garden is a fine way to distract yourself from the worries of everyday life. By having a grass path, you not only create a way somewhere. You also make the lawn more convenient and accessible.
- Expand your patio – patio and deck areas make an excellent addition to every garden. Sadly, not all sectors are big enough. If that is the case, you can make part of your lawn naturally expand a patio or deck. As long as the patio/deck is ground-level, there is nothing to worry about.
- Introduce an island – it is quite fun to diversify the lawn with a garden bed. However, you must ensure that the bed is of appropriate size – a small one is just not interesting, while a too big one can overwhelm the place. Also, leave enough room around for mowing.
By following these design ideas, you can be sure that your lawn will stand out. Any of them can make your garden a better place. You can also get in touch with us for more information and help.